Public art instills meaning – a greater sense of identity and understanding of where we live, work and visit – creating memorable experiences for all. It humanizes the built environment, provides an intersection between past, present and future, and can help communities thrive. Public art has been found to provide a positive impact on communities by supporting economic growth and sustainability, attachment and cultural identity, artists as contributors, social cohesion and cultural understanding, and public health and belonging. Public Art Bridgeville is a group of residents who provided input and assistance for this program who range from those whose families have been in this community for decades to residents who are new to Bridgeville.
Public Art Bridgeville announces their first annual Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition. The Exhibition runs from May 1, 2022 through March 1, 2023. Artists whose work is in the Exhibition are: Dan Droz (Pittsburgh, PA,) Seward Johnson (Hamilton, NJ,) Jan Loney (Pittsburgh, PA,) Alex Mendez (Decatur, IN,) Greg Mendez (Decatur, IN) and Sarah Simmons (Moon Township, PA.)
Sculptures will be located at:
- Triangle Park:Best Seller, Seward Johnson, and Follow the Swallow, Jan Loney
- Corner of Washington Avenue and James St.:Bedtime Stories, Volume II, Sarah Simmons
- 600 block Washington Avenue (Parking Authority Lot 2):Inner World – Outer World, Seward Johnson
- 400 block Washington Avenue (Parking Authority Lot 1):Remembering Youth, Dan Droz
- 416 Washington Avenue:Every Piece Has a Place, Alex Mendez
- 358 Washington Avenue (JLJI Specialty Contractors):Heavy Metal, Alex Mendez
- 111 Washington Avenue (Thomas Dance Studio):Bunny, Greg Mendez
Public Art Bridgeville and the Sculpture Exhibition Committee would like to extend a special thank you to the Bridgeville Parking Authority, JLJI Specialty Contractors, Washington Avenue Apartments, Dr. Bhola Roy, and Thomas Dance Studios for the use of their properties as exhibition spaces.
For more information, please visit: www.publicartbridgeville.com